Monday 28 November 2011

Victoria

The remaining hours of our four day stay in Victoria were spent in visiting the Royal BC Museum (which was not nearly as exciting as I had hoped it would be), going for a short hike in Mount Douglas Regional Park, exploring Beacon Hill Park, wandering round the touristy shops, deciding I want to knit my own Cowichan sweater and exploring some of the eco and clothes shops around the market square. At the 'Global village' fairtrade shop I couldn't help realising once again that there's really nothing I need from these kind of shops, as much as I would like to support fairtrade. We did buy some palm oil- free soap and a rolled paper bowl, so that I can make one myself when we get home though. The more I travel the more cooking and craft project ideas I come across, I think I'll be baking for weeks and working on quilts, carpets, clothes and rugs for years.


No comments:

Post a Comment