Saturday 27 August 2011

Mountain Goats et al.


For someone who was guaranteed a good day after seeing the goats on the train journey to college seeing mountain goats in the wild has been an exciting experience. I've spotted the mountain goats moaching around the campsite and grazing on the rim high above the lodge. On my last hike on the rim I saw about eighteen goats lounging on the snow high above Glacier lake. Seeing goats of course makes me amazingly happy. There is just something about goats that puts a big smile on my face.

Aside from goats and pikas the deer are still hanging out in the smoke cloud beside the cabin and looking picturesque. Then there are ptarmigan up on the rim, spruce grouse and chicks down here, spotted sandpipers and chicks, marmots, ground squirrels, chipmunks, mice running around the lodge, Clark's nutcrackers, grey jays and some other birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment